Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy cells with border?

I've found the answer in this community, and it seems to be an easy procedure. But I can't quite understand it. Specifically, where do I find [Copy style] button & [Paste style} button?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Early '06, Also use OS 10.5 & 10.7

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:16 AM

Hi Glen,

Menu > Format > Copy Style (option command c) and Paste Style (option command v).

The buttons are under Menu > View > Customize Toolbar.

True for Numbers '09 and Numbers 3.

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:01 PM in response to Yellowbox

I have searched for Menu, unsuccessfully. I believe that I have a legitimate Numbers App. When I click on 'About Numbers' I see a window that looks like the standard Numbers icon, and that also contains the text "Numbers '09 version 2.0 (299)" Under Format > Advanced I see Define Style, but it's 'greyed out', so I'm having trouble following simple directions !

Oct 22, 2015 4:31 AM in response to glennhaste

Hi Glenn,

Numbers '09

I found that I could copy the border IF it was all four borders, i.e, a rectangle

I think you are correct. Copy Style for Cell Borders (top table) and Paste style into the second table only seems to work for me if the source cell has all four borders formatted.

User uploaded file

Perhaps there are tricks that we have not yet tried 😕.

Regards,

Ian.

How to copy cells with border?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.