Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Aple not responsible for a product defect, just because it appears after the warranty?

I am very disappointed. A couple monthss ago I noticed a few dust inside lens. It's awfully visible on the picture.

User uploaded file

Yesterday, I visited Apple Store and they confirmed dust is on the lens and were very surprised how it happened. Apparently this is not fixable, I have to replace phone. Of course my phone is out of warranty, therefore I would have to pay AUD 400 plus. I am asking WHY? It clearly is production issue and product needs to be recalled! Apple, do you care about products and customers?

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:33 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Danielcyw

You are not speaking with Apple as this is a forum where technical assistance is provided

by fellow users. You can let Apple know of your concerns directly at www.apple.com/feedback.

If this was an ongoing issue, why did you not have it taken care of during the warranty coverage?

And if it happened after warranty period, there is no coverage per warranty terms.

If this were a production issue, the forum would flooded with similar complaint since millions of

iPhone 5 models have been sold. That does not seem to be the case.

You can also use the Contact Us link at the bottom right hand corner of every page in this forum

to let Apple know of your concerns.

tl;dr Yes, defects occurring after warranty period are not covered - by Apple or any other warranty.

Oct 4, 2015 3:05 PM in response to Danielcyw

Actually, your warranty covers manufacturers defects during the warranty period, not after it. That is the way most consumer product warranties work - the manufacturer is not indefinitely responsible, as blatantly obvious by the limited time period of the warranty (it is not a lifetime warranty).

Whey did you wait months to have this looked at?

Is Aple not responsible for a product defect, just because it appears after the warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.