Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Password Accepted online, causes spinning wheel in OSX

Whenever I put in my Apple/iCloud password into the iCloud sign-in page (through system preferences) or into iTunes (to log into the store) the sign in prompt gives me the spinning loading wheel, and does not do anything. The app becomes non-responsive, and only responds to a force close. I have tried deliberately putting the wrong password in, and I get an immediate rejection, so some sort of test is happening, but for some reason with the correct password it gets stuck in the authentication. I have used this password to log into icloud.com, as well as the discussion forms and it works without a problem. I have tried signing out of my iCloud account on my laptop and signing out of my iTunes account, but now I can't sign in due to this issue.

I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan (10.11) and am on a 2013 15" Macbook Retina. I noticed this issue very first when I upgraded to El Capitan. The first screen after upgrading requests the iCloud password, when I gave it, it did the same thing, but did allow me to click the "skip" button. When I clicked it, it half froze, but allowed me to "log-in". It's been asking me to authenticate the password ever since.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 15", discreet Graphics Card

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:06 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Password Accepted online, causes spinning wheel in OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.