Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX el captain preview shows "pages, numbers and keynote" as built in apps, but i just updated my mac book pro retina 2013 to OS X El captain but i didn't get any of those apps, y is that so?

OSX el captain preview shows "pages, numbers and keynote" as built in apps, but i just updated my mac book pro retina 2013 to OS X El captain but i didn't get any of those apps, y is that so?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:25 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 3:31 AM in response to Parth0707

Apple has been installing the iWork Apps on new release Macs but that was not always so, and they are not part of OSX, just another installation.

If you never had the iWork Apps or bought your Mac before September 2013, then you will have to pay for them in the AppStore.

Otherwise, go to the AppStore and download them.

Apple's absurd Qualifying Macs terms never made sense, but then neither do the new iWork App versions.

Peter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.