Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I boot, I get a blue screen. When I boot in safe mode, I can't log in.

I have a late 2009 iMac. It has two startup disks, Yosemite, and Snow Leopard. Of course, Snow Leopard had Rosetta which I use to run really old programs. However, when I choose it as a startup disk from system preferences in my Yosemite disk, it takes a really long time to boot, and just ends up in a frozen blue screen. the only way to get out of it and go back to Yosemite is resetting my NVRAM. When I boot Snow Leopard in safe mode, i can actually get to the log in screen, but when I type in my password, the screen goes blue for 3 seconds and then asks for the password again, even though its right.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:06 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Apple Knowitall

Hi Apple Knowitall,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are trying to boot to Snow Leopard but it will not load. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support

Cheers

When I boot, I get a blue screen. When I boot in safe mode, I can't log in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.