Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Pages 09 with Yosemite on Mac Book Air. Imported a Word doc into Pages but the formatting went crazy. How do I fix it so I can continue to edit in Pages?

Have imported a Word draft into Pages 09. The formatting has gone crazy. How do I fix it so I can continue to edit the document?

iPad Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Pages 09

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:45 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2015 9:22 PM in response to newtons.apple

What specific version of Pages '09 are you using, and was it installed from an iWork '09 DVD, or when available, purchased from the OS X App store as an individual iWork '09 application? You do understand that Pages applications are not MS Word clones, do not work in the native Word document format, and that Apple makes no promise of document compatibility?

Can you open that wonky Word document in Pages '09 again, and from the View menu, Show Invisibles. Then perform a screen capture (shift-command-4) of that displayed document page, and use the camera icon in this posting editor to share that document corruption with me?

Pages '09 has absolutely no Word 2013 document support in it. In general, Pages expects any font reference in your Word document to be installed in OS X, or it will attempt to perform font substitution (if it can).

Oct 4, 2015 3:17 AM in response to newtons.apple

Did you try dragging the cursor over what it is you wanted to show?

It then makes and saves the screensnap to your Desktop.

Click on the little camera icon in the Toolbar of the Replies here and post that screensnap here.

Keep in mind that you expect us to give you details, whilst all we have got is "The formatting has gone crazy."

Not much to go on, you might agree.

Peter

Using Pages 09 with Yosemite on Mac Book Air. Imported a Word doc into Pages but the formatting went crazy. How do I fix it so I can continue to edit in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.