Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to solve PAIN of trying to post query about APPLE log files to Apple Discussion board with useless "The message contains invalid characters." error

Why is Apple's user experience getting worse in some areas over time.

Simply posting even a SNIPPET of a log file to ask a question about Mail crashes or some such problem turns into a nightmare struggle to figure out WHAT a SUPPORT/Discussion board does not like about Log File TEXT from APPLE's OWN products.

How are you all managing to post log files or even snippets that makes no sense to make so difficult to post.

Regards

Imran

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPhone 6S Nikon D300 iPad3 iMac

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:23 PM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2015 12:51 AM in response to rccharles

I agree. Every day the Apple #UX turns more into how the Microsoft user experience and painful way of doing things was (is) that we used to make fun of.

"See, here are the 17 steps to turn your Windows laptop into a WiFi hotspot with Internet sharing" vs the Apple 2-4 step directions you could give another user.

Now, something you could do easily, paste a log file, has been killed by Apple here. It also means less people can find similar posts to theirs by searching for a particular string from the log file that others may have pasted also.

I am a Mac lover since 1984 but I have to call Apple out on this increasingly flaky quality of upgrades (El Capitan and iOS 9 included), and these kinds of UX pains.

Imran

How to solve PAIN of trying to post query about APPLE log files to Apple Discussion board with useless "The message contains invalid characters." error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.