Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-install IPHOTO library

How do I re-install iPhoto library after deleting it from trash? Can I still retrieve it because i really don't like photos and wanna go back to iPhoto????

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:21 PM

2 replies

Oct 3, 2015 11:37 PM in response to jennyh14

If you emptied the Trash, the iPhoto Library is gone.

Restore it from a backup drive. Do you have a Time Machine backup? Then see this support document:

iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

If you do not have a backup, recreate an iPhoto Library by exporting the phtotos from Photos and reimporting to iPhoto.

You need iPhoto 9.6.1 to run on MacOS X 10.10.3 or later.

Oct 4, 2015 12:37 AM in response to jennyh14

You can't recover an iPhoto Library from the trash. There is some possibility of recovering some the photos, depending on how much the Mac has been used since the deletion.

Some possibilities:

1. Do you have a back up of the iPhoto Library? If not then:

2. Do you have a working Photos Library? You can export your Photos from this to the Finder, create anew iPhoto Library and then import the images from the Finder. But the will mean you will lose data. What you lose depends on what you export from Photos.

Worth thinking about:

iPhoto is no longer developed. That means that a point will arrive sometime in the future when it will no longer work. If you don't like Photos it might be worth exploring other options for managing your Photos.

Re-install IPHOTO library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.