Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! All Contacts LOST - iphone 5.

Hey there-

I had recently deleted a bunch of photos from my phone to clear up space, but the next day it told me my phone was full again. When I looked up trouble shooting, the forums recommended I upgrade my phone, back it up on itunes, then clear up/backup restore.

So I connected my phone to itunes, clicked sync, then upgraded iphone 5 to 9.0.2 and backup/cleared/restored. Lost all contacts. I also got the message "This iphone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes". But when I try to update my itunes to the latest version, it gives me the message: "This version of iTunes (11.4) is the current version"

I"m trying to find where my macbook pro stored my contacts, but I can't seem to find it.

I went to my mobile/sync backup, but all that is there are my old photos and some textedit docs. No contacts.

Please let me know how to get my contacts back on my iphone? Do I need to downgrade my phone before I do this? My macbook pro is old....at least 6-7 years old.

eeks! Help! I'm freaking out a bit because I had a lot of numbers in there that were important. 😟

Thanks so much!

-Sandy.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:22 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:06 AM in response to modular747

HI @modular747 - thanks for your speedy reply!

I do not back up with iCloud. I don't want to use iCloud so I always decline. But I did sync to itunes.

If I upgrade my OSX to Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and then upgrade my itunes to the latest version, THEN click on "Restore from itunes Backup" on my iphone. Will that work?

Or am I basically screwed with regards to my contacts because I didn't do all the upgrades prior to syncing and clearing my phone?

-S.

Help! All Contacts LOST - iphone 5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.