Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I just bought an iPhone 6s (Model A1688, MKRY2LL/A) in the US. Since I live in Europe, I wondered if the phone would work just like any other iPhone bought in Europe? Will the network speed be the same and can I use my European sim-card?

Hi I just bought an iPhone 6s (Model A1688, MKRY2LL/A) in the US. Without knowing for sure, the iPhone seems to be the Verizon version.

Since I live in Europe, I wondered if the phone would work just like any other iPhone bought in Europe? Will the network speed be the same and can I use my European sim-card?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:50 PM

Model A1688 could be Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. If Verizon, it's unlocked. T-Mobile probably unlocked, depending on how it was purchased. Sprint may be a problem. If it is unlocked it should work fully in Europe, but you may have problems if you need it repaired.

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 12:50 PM in response to johanfromdenmark

Every iPhone 6S is unlocked. The only difference is whether it's factory unlocked or carrier unlocked. Factory Unlocked means it was unlocked by Apple at the factory and no further action is required to use the phone on other carriers. Just pop in your SIM card and it's activated. Carrier Unlocked means you must contact the native carrier and request that it be unlocked for use on other carriers. This is FREE by law since the phone is not currently on any payment plan.

Ask the seller what carrier the phone is from. All Verizon and T-Mobile LTE phones are Factory Unlocked by law. Sprint may require a carrier unlock.

Hi I just bought an iPhone 6s (Model A1688, MKRY2LL/A) in the US. Since I live in Europe, I wondered if the phone would work just like any other iPhone bought in Europe? Will the network speed be the same and can I use my European sim-card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.