Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to make in-App purchase because iTunes not saving cc security code

I have enabled family service for multiple devices. When one of the children tried to make an in-app purchase, he got a message saying that the adult in charge should enter the security code for the credit card before payment can go through. After lots of looking around I finally found out that under "Settings-> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID: someone@email.com -> View Apple ID -> Payment Information -> Credit card info" there is a blank security code for my cc. I enter, and press Done. Nothing happens. The code is not saved.

I go to my computer and launch iTunes. From there I enter the cc code info. Click Save. Again, nothing happens. How do I know? Because when I open the account info page, the security code is blank.

I understand if you don't want to store the security code to prevent fraud, but then give purchasers on a family device a chance to enter it somewhere during the purchase. Not sure apple has thought this through at all. Seriously contemplating migrating away from Apple.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:41 PM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:26 PM in response to masoudlog

If you have saved card info if after you enter code and click done you are not getting back to the same page you are all set. Reason you DO NOT SEE the code is simple - security of your card.

So once again if after you click done on the same page you do not go redirected back to the very same page with security code highlighted in red you are ok and your info is taken and saved.

Oct 5, 2015 3:44 AM in response to masoudlog

when you do that it runs authorization of payment method with your bank and your bank does not approve it. Decline message or not, that card you using is not accepted by iTunes. This thread of communities supports icloud problems, thread that I showed supports your problem, but of the top of my head, try to verify that address info is correct, card has balance, not declined by your bank (conversation with bank) or just simply use different card.

unable to make in-App purchase because iTunes not saving cc security code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.