Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to El Capitan - WiFi won't Auto restart. Have to switch Off and the on manually

After sleep, (or rebooting the Wireless router) the software won't auto retart wifi ... I have to switch it off and restart ... using MacBook Pro.

regards & thanks

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11), null

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 6:30 AM

What does Wireless Diagnostics show?

Wireless Diagnostics

Wi-FI connection drops

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (2)

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (3)

WiFi Potential Temporary fix - Yosemite

Also try turning off Bluetooth.

WIFI AND BLUETOOTH FINALLY SOLVED, NO REALLY - YOSEMITE 10.10

If your Wi-Fi source is capable of generating a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, try that to help avoid conflicts with Bluetooth.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 6:30 AM in response to DavidMontague

What does Wireless Diagnostics show?

Wireless Diagnostics

Wi-FI connection drops

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (2)

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (3)

WiFi Potential Temporary fix - Yosemite

Also try turning off Bluetooth.

WIFI AND BLUETOOTH FINALLY SOLVED, NO REALLY - YOSEMITE 10.10

If your Wi-Fi source is capable of generating a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, try that to help avoid conflicts with Bluetooth.

Oct 5, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric ... thank you very much for responding. After I posted this I kept checking and found out some of the instability at least with the Wii and USB came from the Bluetooth interface that had turned itself on during the El Capitan Update. After I turned Bluetooth off .. improvement and after your advice of deleting Bluetooth pan another hopeful improvement .... many thanks for your response and your help. 🙂

Upgraded to El Capitan - WiFi won't Auto restart. Have to switch Off and the on manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.