Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After El Capitan upgrade Garageband 10.1 no longer works with Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, as recording wrapped in static.

Use feed from amp, worked until upgrade today. Focusrite still supported?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11), Old Focusrite, but worked until upg

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:17 PM

Hi,

I do have a similar problem - try to check - I found out too late mine was a USB 1.1 revision 😢

http://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/are-focusrite-products-compatible-with-el -capitan

Saffire 6 USB 2.0

Works with El Capitan? YES

Saffire 6 USB 1.1

Works with El Capitan? NO - INFO TO FOLLOW

Points of note : If you are using the USB 2.0 version of the Saffire 6, no driver is required. Simply plug and play. If you are unsure whether your unit is the USB 1.1 or 2.0 version please check the serial number shown on the bottom of the device. If the serial number starts 'S2' it's a Saffire 6 USB 2.0, if it starts 'SU', it's a Saffire 6 USB 1.1.

I'll try to get hold on Focusrite to see, if they'll support the USB 1.1 box or not

Kind regards

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 2:17 PM in response to Jonames

Hi,

I do have a similar problem - try to check - I found out too late mine was a USB 1.1 revision 😢

http://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/are-focusrite-products-compatible-with-el -capitan

Saffire 6 USB 2.0

Works with El Capitan? YES

Saffire 6 USB 1.1

Works with El Capitan? NO - INFO TO FOLLOW

Points of note : If you are using the USB 2.0 version of the Saffire 6, no driver is required. Simply plug and play. If you are unsure whether your unit is the USB 1.1 or 2.0 version please check the serial number shown on the bottom of the device. If the serial number starts 'S2' it's a Saffire 6 USB 2.0, if it starts 'SU', it's a Saffire 6 USB 1.1.

I'll try to get hold on Focusrite to see, if they'll support the USB 1.1 box or not

Kind regards

Peter

Oct 23, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Jonames

See below for an email exchange with Focusrite. Since El Cap'n, I can't use the Saffire USB as an interface because the digitized audio recording is heavily distorted. I guess the only thing we can do is hang on and hope.

The response from Focusrite is wrong about driver 2.9. I have this on my computer now and it doesn't work. All I can think to do is to download earlier drivers to see if one of those works.

User uploaded file

After El Capitan upgrade Garageband 10.1 no longer works with Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, as recording wrapped in static.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.