Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to El Capitan I keep getting the same error message 'Error connecting to Apple ID Servers' so I cannot log into my iTunes or iCloud, yet all ok on my iPad

Since I upgraded my iMac to El Capitan 2 days ago I keep getting the same error message 'Error Connecting to Apple ID Servers' so now it keeps flashing up for me to sign into iCloud but cannot sign in nor can I sign into my iTunes. I have checked all is working fine on my iPad Air & my iPhone 6s, all was working fine on my iMac until this upgrade :-(

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:15 PM

I had the same problem. I was running a VPN. When I shut off the VPN the problem disappeared. Things seem to be working normally with the VPN restarted.

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:59 AM in response to Dusty2904

I had this problem too - very frustrating but I cracked it!

Simply, temporarily disable your antivirus software and it will log in fine. I tried this several times - every time my antivirus was running, I would get the error message "there was an error connecting to the apple id server" once I disable it, it logs in fine. You only need to disable it at the point you are logging in. Once logged in, enable it again to protect your computer. Let me know if this works for you.

All the best

Since upgrading to El Capitan I keep getting the same error message 'Error connecting to Apple ID Servers' so I cannot log into my iTunes or iCloud, yet all ok on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.