Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch frozen

My iPod touch 5th gen was frozen last night so I turned it off. However, when I tried to turn it back on, I found it hard and after several attempts at trying to turn it back on, I finally got it. However, it returned me to the multitasking feature, and the screen I was on, when it froze. I can't force shut down because the home button doesn't work. My iTunes on my computer won't recognize the device when it is plugged in and neither will RecBoot. Help!

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:38 AM

See my first reply on page 3 in this discussion. The link opens to page 3.

Turn on without Home/Power Button

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:05 AM in response to lllaass

Also I need your advice on another problem I had. I have now managed to turn the phone on now, but however, again it was returned to the screen I was on before the iPod was frozen. The bad news is that I can't get out of the multitasking mode. I can close the apps from multitasking, I can use Assistive Touch, but pretty much the only thing I can't do is select the main screen, the one that takes me back to the screen with all my apps and stuff. Any suggestions on how I unfreeze the iPod from the multitasking mode?

iPod Touch frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.