Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cannot download app updates

I'm using iTunes 12.3.0.44 64-bit on Windows 10. Since the latest update, it has been unable (or unwilling) to download updates for apps. When I click "Update all" in the apps display, it indicates that it's about to download something then just stops - no error message, nothing. If I go into the app store to one of the apps for which an update is available and click "Update", again it seems to start, but it just stops without downloading anything.

Just to be certain that it wasn't a connectivity problem, I ran the iTunes diagnostics and they ran just fine:

Connection attempt to Apple web site was successful.

Connection attempt to browsing iTunes Store was successful.

Connection attempt to purchasing from iTunes Store was successful.

Connection attempt to iPhone activation server was successful.

Connection attempt to firmware update server was successful.

Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful.

Last successful iTunes Store access was 2015-10-04 08:24:13.

Looking at the Windows event viewer, I see a load of errors like this from when iTunes starts - I have to assume that they're related.

System
-Provider
[ Name] Bonjour Service

-EventID100

[ Qualifiers] 0
Level2
Task0
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-10-04T07:39:15.000000000Z
EventRecordID4244
ChannelApplication
Computerthornback
Security
-EventData
ERROR: handle_resolve_request bad interfaceIndex 24

Basically, the bonjour service has a bunch of "bad interface Index" errors from 1 to 24.So I disabled the bonjour service and the errors went away when I restarted, although I still couldn't download the updates.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:50 AM

2 replies

iTunes cannot download app updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.