Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once logic 10.2 launches nothing appears (previous window showing project launching)? Project eventually opens but no visible reference as in the past while plug ins load successfully

Once logic 10.2 launches nothing appears (previous window showing project launching)? Project eventually opens but no visible reference as in the past while plug ins load successfully. Eventually the project loads fine and no plug in issues. This all started happening after El Capitan. Re-installEd Logic X Pro and El Capitan and still same issue

ANy one else experiencing this? Suggestions?

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:57 AM

10 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:32 AM in response to Dadocta404

Well, I do see all those in Logic 10.2, OS 10.9.5, and if you don't see them, maybe you have somehow set it up so those are suppressed, or maybe they appear in a different space, or maybe they are beyond the boundaries of your screen resolution (which can happen if you switch to a higher resolution and back, although the OS often "knows" about the change and rearranges windows so they stay on screen.)

The fact that everything loads and works fine to me would indicate that the only "issue" is that those progress windows don't seem to appear. The processes they represent work anyway.

The plugin validation really should only happen when a new plugin is installed, though I know there are some buggy 3rd party plugins that do not "remember" they were validated. So the disappearance of that at least is sign of an issue less. And the main window only ever appeared after loading, so that's normal.

Oct 4, 2015 5:25 AM in response to Eriksimon

Negative, no changes whether I change the resolution, and I do not have any spaces open. This only started happening once I upgraded to El Capitan. From what I researched, non of the plug ins I have installed have issues with OSX 10.11. The program seems to be working fine, just a bit odd that you technically have no physical pop up window in place showing the progress of the project loading. Just have to sit waiting patiently until BOOM it appears.

I've been able to reproduce the same issue with a brand new project, from a new template, and with no 3rd party plugins.

Jan 3, 2016 11:24 PM in response to I want My ES2

I just upgraded from 10.10.5 to 10.11.2 about a week ago, using Logic 10.2

Yes, this is a "new feature" since the upgrade.

It can be very frustrating because you just don't know when/if the project will ever open.

If I look at the Logic Icon in the dock during the wait it says "Application not responding" and you have the Force Quit option.

But I discovered that if I wait long enough eventually the project opens (well usually !)

I hope a Logic update is not too far away 😟

Once logic 10.2 launches nothing appears (previous window showing project launching)? Project eventually opens but no visible reference as in the past while plug ins load successfully

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.