Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone had this problem: A white screen patch appears when waking an iphone 5s using touch id

Hello all,

I have an iphone 5s which I upgraded to 9.0.2 three days ago. When using the phone now, I've noticed that when I wake the phone up using the touch ID (home button fingerprint scan), a white patch temporarily appears on the screen's upper left hand corner (roughly covering the length of the screen where the mute and volume buttons are). The doesn't last long and it only happens when waking the phone up via finger scan. Using the usial 4-digit passcode doesn't ellicit the white patch. It is annoying because the phone hasn't done this before and I've done a hard reset twice but the problem still remains. The phone is fully functional otherwise. Am trying to restore my phone but itunes says that the software update server cannot be contacted.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and any possible solutions?

Thanks so much.

J

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:33 AM

There are no replies.

Has anyone had this problem: A white screen patch appears when waking an iphone 5s using touch id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.