Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocked att 4s doesn't work with Verizon SIM

I have an unlocked iPhone 4s that originally came from ATT but it doesn't work with my active Verizon SIM card.

Any suggestions?

it just seems like ATT 'can't deliver' in this case....

i Did follow all the required steps by ATT EVEN GOT THE POINT where in iTunes I received the message "congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked".

But I am getting no service with my active Verizon card.

The signal portion keeps changing between "Searching" and "No service".

AAnyone able to help me? Does Apple unlock an iPhone if the provider that was on it initially is unable to?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2, Win 7 64x

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:29 AM

11 replies

Oct 4, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Csound1

My rhetorical question was just meant to convey that phones are not supposed to only work with just one carrier! IF they are unlocked they should work with ANY carrier as long as the carriers are working on the same bandwidth frequency...

AT&T not being a CDMA carrier has nothing to do with why I CAN (AM ABLE TO) use their SIM card with a different carrier like Verizon. If anything, what you said should prevent me from using AT&T SIM with Verizon phone. >> it did years ago when Verizon only had CDMA phones (no SIM card involved).

Oct 4, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Daaani

And in a world where there were no CDMA carriers, that would be true.

The iPhone 4S is not an LTE capable phone. Verizon does NOT have a GSM network. A Verizon SIM will NOT work an an AT&T iPhone 4S. The Verizon SIM is ONLY relevant on the Verizon LTE network.

An iPhone 4S can ONLY be activated on Verizon on their CDMA network and they WILL NOT activate an iPhone 4S that was not explicitly sold for use on Verizon on their network.

Oct 4, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Daaani

Daaani wrote:

My rhetorical question was just meant to convey that phones are not supposed to only work with just one carrier! IF they are unlocked they should work with ANY carrier as long as the carriers are working on the same bandwidth frequency...

AT&T not being a CDMA carrier has nothing to do with why I CAN (AM ABLE TO) use their SIM card with a different carrier like Verizon. If anything, what you said should prevent me from using AT&T SIM with Verizon phone. >> it did years ago when Verizon only had CDMA phones (no SIM card involved).

So, how is your method working out for you?

unlocked att 4s doesn't work with Verizon SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.