Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9.0 Reader View

I'm probably the only person in the world who cares about this, but ...

I am not happy with the new look of "reader view" in El Capitan. I use it quite a bit and would prefer to return to the text being presented in a "page" format rather than spread across the entire window the way it is now. It is just not convenient to resize the window and text every time I wish to read an extended article.

My question -- are there reader view preferences anywhere which would allow for page size adjustments as well as for fonts?

Thank you.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:56 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:35 AM in response to dominic23

Sorry - I know about increasing font size.

I was referring specifically to the way the "reader" page increases in size getting wider and wider and wider as the font is increased. Before the "page" stayed the same size centered in the window and just the font increased.

Before --

User uploaded file

Now -

User uploaded file

Well, my screen shots don't work very well here. The first one is just the size of with reader page, the second fills up the entire window.

I know this is no big deal but it was just more comfortable to read the old way.

Safari 9.0 Reader View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.