Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone running a macbook pro retina machine with both Snow Leopard and Yosemite 10.10.5?

I have alot of files written with AppleWorks 6, which SL handles w/o problem. Its much easier for me

to use than Pages . Would like to keep using that AW6 for awhile longer as it would be a hassle to

recreate so many documents in Pages. One solution I've considered is to format SSD and thus erase

Yosemite, then install Snow Leopard on the Retina machine, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have both

OS's installed on separate partitions and boot to one OR the other. Any advice or comments would be

appreciated. I know there are some brilliant apple computer genius's out there and if you know how to

instruct me to do what I'm describing, I'll reward you with some of the best Kona coffee you ever tasted!!

Mahalo

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:05 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply to my question Eric. My older notebook is a MacBook Pro, from 2007 or early 2008.

it is running SL 10.6.8. (And has the AppleWorks 6 files I'm wanting to continue to access and create )

My newer notebook is 1st generation MacBook Pro Retina model build A1398.dating from mid 2012 I believe.

I'm not completely sure what it's original OS was, but from the link you provided ,it appears like it might have been OSX Lion.

Would OSX Lion be able to use the AppleWorks 6 app?

anyone running a macbook pro retina machine with both Snow Leopard and Yosemite 10.10.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.