Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S overheating on cellular network

Brand new iPhone 6s, 128 GB, silver color. Purchased 9 days ago.

This phone overheats whenever I use it on my cellular network (T-Mobile USA) for more than 10 minutes. Not only is the back of the phone hot, but it is so hot that even the front glass is hot to the touch.

It is totally 100% fine when using it on WiFi only... it remains cool to the touch when using it on WiFi, even when using it for multiple hours.

i also removed the T-Mobile SIM Card and put it in my old iPhone 5s, and absolutely no overheating problems there on the cellular network. Even after using the old iPhone 5s for over an hour on the cellular network only, it still remains cool to the touch.

So this heat problem is isolated to the iPhone 6s and using it on the cellular network.

Is anyone else seeing this problem with their iPhone 6s? I'm returning mine tomorrow. (Lesson learned for being an early adopter.)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:21 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Scott Rose

UPDATE #2: Sadly, a few hours after "Resetting Network Settings", the iPhone started overheating again. 😟 😟 I then did a "Reset All Settings", which didn't fix the problem. Then, I erased the phone and set it up as a new phone (with none of my data on it). Same thing... overheating again. UGH. I'm assuming this is a hardware problem and not a side effect of the new T-Mobile USA wireless spectrum. So I shipped it back to T-Mobile for a refund, since I'm still within the 14-day return period.

Oct 5, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Scott Rose

UPDATE #2: Sadly, a few hours after "Resetting Network Settings", the iPhone started overheating again. 😟 😟 I then did a "Reset All Settings", which didn't fix the problem. Then, I erased the phone and set it up as a new phone (with none of my data on it). Same thing... overheating again. UGH. I'm assuming this is a hardware problem and not a side effect of the new T-Mobile USA wireless spectrum. So I shipped it back to T-Mobile for a refund, since I'm still within the 14-day return period.

iPhone 6S overheating on cellular network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.