Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3 will not install

After being prompted to install yet another new version of iTunes today,proceeded to do so. Would get a message saying there as a problem with the windows installer package. After that failed, I extracted the iTunes6464Setup.exe file to the iTunes6464Setup folder in order to access the individual msi files.

All msi files installed properly except:

AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi

Giving the same message as above.

iPhone 5s, Windows 7, Windows 7-64 Custom Built Deskop

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:09 AM

8 replies

Oct 5, 2015 11:13 AM in response to turingtest2

This repair / uninstall worked, thanx

but one not the devs may want to think about is it seems to me that this belongs in

C:\Program Files (x86)\CommonFiles\Apple\Apple Software Update\

Was a very problematic pair of updates..... after putting 9.01 on the phone, app updates would work on iTunes but not transfer tot he phone. req'd a hard reset which took about 2.5 hours via USB to restore phone.

Oct 5, 2015 12:07 PM in response to Gabbatek

Did you use Win RAR to extract the exe file ? After doing that, you will have (64 bit machine assumed):

AppleApplicationSupport.msi

AppleApplicationSupport64.msi

AppleMobileDeviceSupport6464.msi
ApplkeSoftwareUpdate.msi

Bonjour64.msi

iTunes6464.msi

SetUpAdmin.exe

Which "support" of the 3 did not install ?

I installed each of the 6 msi's individually and all but the Update one worked. Repairing / Uninstalling / then installing, as suggested above, worked.

Dec 30, 2015 9:29 PM in response to mj_remote

one other item, I did this update because itunes 12.2.2.25 was no longer allowing me to download music or upgrade apps for some reason saying it could not contact the itunes store, and that issue is also now fixed. Finally, just weeks of looking for what was wrong...when all itunes would say is "some program required for install could not be run..." so helpful.

iTunes 12.3 will not install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.