Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive 1TB -> 250SSD ?

I have Dropbox folder ~600GB in size and want to move all information to iClouds 1TB plan.

1. What will by synchronized on my MBP 250GB SSD from all data what I upload to iCloud.com?
  2. How to selct folders or files to synchronize if Apple till this did't found a way to compress 1TB to 250GB SDD? 😀

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:35 AM

10 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Winston Churchill

This not solved my problem!

1. How to synchronize only one folder?
  2. How to share one folder for collaborative work (somebody changes reflects also in my folder)?
  3. How to share folder link, where somebody without icloud account can uploaud to this folder (new option and very helpfull in dropbox)?

If no of this functions work in iCloud - why to choose more expensive service?

Oct 4, 2015 6:47 AM in response to vanagsg

iCloud drive is not going to do what you want. It doesn't work that way. If you want to store large quantities of data in the cloud and only sync a portion of it to your local machine, you should probably look into an alternative cloud service. Microsoft's OneDrive can do what you want, as can Cubby, from Logmein. I'm sure there are others as well.

iCloud Drive 1TB -> 250SSD ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.