Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio device not recognised in El Capitan

After my recent upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan, my M-Audio FastTrack Ultra 8r is not recognised by my MacBook Pro mid-2012.

I work in a recording studio and everything is always set up the same every day, I just plug into the USB hub and get going, no problems. I decided to upgrade to El Capitan and now my audio interface does not work. I have been on the Avid site and downloaded the most recent drivers, restarted a bunch of times, checked all of my cables and routing etc., nothing seems to work. The M-Audio FastTrack software also shows my device as not being connected.

Can anyone help, or does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks in advance!

Josh

--

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11), null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:26 AM

11 replies

Oct 5, 2015 1:10 AM in response to Josh Rowland

If you take a look at the Avid drivers page for the M-Audio 8R, it states:

"Supports Mac OS X 10.8.5, 10.9.5, 10.10, 10.10.1"

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/Fast-Track-Ultra-8R-Drivers

There is currently no mention of OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Presumably (hopefully) Avid are working on this, however this interface is now quite old so who knows!

As always, you should check that your that all your hardware and software is compatible before you take the leap and update. Not being able to use this interface is currently what's stopping me from updating.

Oct 10, 2015 5:13 PM in response to Josh Rowland

Hello,

This is very strange!

I have a fast track r8 and work with pro tools.

On October 4 (or so) I upgraded my macbook with 'El Capitan'. And... Surprise!!!! I worked four days with Captain operating system and interface Fast Track R8. How it works, I thought they were compatible systems.

On Thursday, October 8, I plugged headphones to my macbook pro. After this, the macbook pro does not recognize the interface. I thought this was a small problem. But, now I read in this forum, I find out that the system Captain and fast track interface, they are not compatible.

But ... How ..... some days I worked with these two systems !!!!

I am not a software engineer, I do not know what happened.. I tried again, but it could not be. I return to Yosemite.

Someone to tell us how to connect 'The captain' and R8 Fast track !!!!

Regards.

P.D.: Apologize for my english ..

Nov 29, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Josh Rowland

Avid *****! They make great products - but the fact that they weren't ready for El Capitan is grounds for a class action lawsuit. This happens on every OS X upgrade.

They have no clue except for you to buy a NEW Avid product.

Well from now on I am never buying another Avid product. I'll use Pro Tools , but will find other audio interfaces where the company stays on top of technology instead of 4-12 months behind it,

<Edited By Host>

Feb 24, 2016 5:22 AM in response to clemonmac

Sadly and after several months of no information, Avid has decided not to support El Capitan for this and other audio interfaces. See the list about halfway down on this page:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Mac-OS-X-10-11-El-Capitan -support-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Si…

Starts with the text "The following audio interfaces will not be supported on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)"

Thanks so much Avid.

Jun 16, 2016 1:53 AM in response to JonRstudio

Entered on: 6/15/2016 8:33 PM Entered by: Jeffrey Bernales

Hi Jon , We also have user who own third party hardware audio interface and you can also check if installing asio4all driver (Universal) would work. Unfortunately, El capitan OS has high demand of system requirement which encouraged user to get the latest Pro tools software at least 12.3 and only comply with the newest generation of audio interface available in the market. We can only encourage you to rollback your operating system to Yosemite in this case Best regards, Jeff AVID audio registration

Audio device not recognised in El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.