Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account issues - songs purchased with old Apple ID

My computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 and when trying to sync my iPod it has come up with a message to say that 35 of my songs purchased from the Apple Store are no longer authorised to be played by my computer. When I click on 'Authorise' it comes up with my old Apple ID, linked to an old email address which I do not have access to, therefore can't change the password (and have tried all combinations of possible passwords). It wants to delete these 35 songs from my iPod (I don't even know which songs they are as it only tells me one song name!). How can I solve this issue? Apple for to charge me if they provide support, however I think this is an account issue.

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:07 AM

1 reply

Nov 21, 2015 4:00 PM in response to sec76v

I'm having a similar issue. I've added some old music to my new Mac and it's asking me to authorize the songs with an Apple ID that I don't have access to anymore. It's mine, and I've checked all the passwords that would have worked, but I think because it's not an Apple ID that was also an e-mail, it won't let me log in. Help me please!

Account issues - songs purchased with old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.