Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete multiple photos at one time in iphoto?

How do I delete multiple photos? How do I hide multiple photos? I don't want to have to confirm each photo each time I delete or hide a photo. Thanks!

iMac, The latest 27 inch iMac

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:36 AM

select them and hold down the command key and press delete - or right click and select delete "n" photos

LN

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Krittersnort

I think I figured it out. Go into your photos and click on a photo. Then hold the shift key down. While continuing to hold the shift key down, use the arrow keys to highlight any photos that are nearby that you want to delete. Then press the command button and the delete button at the same time and the pictures will delete. Use the larger delete button next to the - or + keys if you have an extended keyboard because the smaller delete button didn't work on mine. If you want to remove the photos forever, I think you need to empty your trash can. I hope this works.

Oct 4, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Krittersnort

Go into your photos and click on a photo. Then hold the shift key down. While continuing to hold the shift key down, use the arrow keys to highlight any photos that are nearby

That's one of the ways to select multiple items - and they are the same throughout the OS.

Click to Select

Command-Click to add to a selection - particularly useful if the items are non-contiguous

If the items are contiguous: Click on the first item, hold the shift key and then click on the last. All the items in between will be selected

Or

Drag a rectangle across all the items with your mouse.

To delete things:

First move them to the iPhoto Trash

Then empty that. They then go to the System Trash. Empty that.

How do I delete multiple photos at one time in iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.