Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad develops a life of its own

Hi folks,

currently I'm owning 5 iOS / OS X devices which work perfect over yeras now until one exeception:

My iPad Mini bought on Dec 2012. Until this summer I was just using it very seldem, mostly for a few minutes.

In July I took it with me on my trip to Maui and there the problems began: I used it heavily for viewing my photos shot with a Canon Camera and transmitted it the iPad by Appple's own USB camera adapter cable. While watching the photos, the iPad began to develop a life of its own, i.e. the apps began to increase and decrase continously on the screen. When I type one character, it was multipled 7-8 times in the input field on the screen. The only chance I had to reach a 'normal' behaviour of my iPad was to switch it off and don't use it for a few hours.

Having it switched on after a few hours, it first acts normal but the behaviour changes to the one described above after some time. But, this time isn't exactly predictable. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after half an hour or more. Therefor I shot a small video of this anormal behaviour which could be downloaded here: http://www.ig-haase.de/fileadmin/mov/MVI_4785.MOV It's about 50 MB.

What did I do so far:

- reset to factory defaults (iOS 8)

- restored the settings from itunes backup
- installaled iOS9

Nothing of this things helped. After a while the behaviour is the same as described above. So I contacted Apple's support, they 'run' a 'test program' (what ever this means - they sent me a mail wherein I had to press a button) on my iPad and just mentioned the iPad would be to old for support - 2 years an 10 month now. Actually I'd have expected a little bit more from a company like Apple, a hint, a tipp, something else. But only this poor message ... out of support.

Anyway, is my only option now to put my iPad to the garbage? If so, it would be my first and last iPad. Because just 2.5 years period of use it to less for the price of an iPad. May be people with more money see it another way. But, not me!

Do you guys have any idea(s) if it is possible tot get my iPad repaired and who can and will help me? Or is it really just a case for the garbage?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetinx,

Guido

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:09 AM

There are no replies.

iPad develops a life of its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.