Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Keep iTunes Media folder organized" still broken?

Since iTunes 12 'Keep iTunes Media folder organized' won't rename the files when the metadata is changed. Movies are not moved to the movies folder, every file remains in the 'home videos' section. Is it true that this bug hasn't been fixed for over half a year now? I stopped collecting movies since this feature stopped working, so I guess i will move from iTunes to another media library software. Any recommendations?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:30 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 4:11 AM in response to HTP ProXy

If it is only video files that won't move from the Home Videos folder when you change the media kind then turning Keep Organized off, and then back on again should move them. If it is happening to any other content then try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows. It is perhaps worth noting that files would normally only be moved when they are edited, or that option is enabled, so simply updating iTunes won't update the location of anything that wasn't moved in the past. That said I've just checked and the not moving stuff out of Home Videos folder on Get Info changes issue still exists in 12.3.0.44.

tt2

"Keep iTunes Media folder organized" still broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.