Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare keeps failing download from Mac App Store

I've been trying to download Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (already purchased in the past). This is getting ridiculous.

I made the purchase, and every time I go to install it it tells me an Error has occured in red letters. I paid $20 and this is unacceptable. I've tried downloading through both WiFi and an ethernet connection, not to mention I have very good internet (The problems definitely not internet connection).

It doesn't even install for a second before it says an error has occured.

Specific error message:

Call of Duty 4 : Modern warfare failed to download. Use the purchases page to try again.

I go to the purchases tab, and there is no even option there to try again!

Please help me Apple.

Thanks

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11), (Late 2009)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:34 AM

23 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:11 PM in response to Fa1con0ne

Some folks resolve download and other connection issues by using either OpenDNS or Google Public DNS services. The best use is to use it as the DNS configuration in your modem/router/gateway device, but often the configuration in the computer or iOS device will over ride the other configuration if you don't have access.

Open DNS;

http://www.opendns.com

208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Google Public DNS;

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

Oct 10, 2015 2:20 PM in response to Fa1con0ne

I have the same problem. I downloaded Call of Duty 4 modern warfare 10 days a go and played it for a week with no issues at all. However, I deleted the app cause I had to study and now that I want to install it back again it gives me this stupid error: " Call of Duty modern warfare failed to download please check the purchases page " and when I go to the purchased page I still get the same problems. I paid 23$ for this and this is not acceptable!!!!!!

Model: Macbook air 13 in mid 2013

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare keeps failing download from Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.