Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on white screen after EC update

Hi,

I'm no developer at all nor familiar with code or Terminal stuff, but I have found some people with the same issues on here about El Capitan update.

The fact is that I've downloaded the recently released OS X El Capitan and completing installation went just fine, but my problems started when I first booted it.

Mac asked me to put in my iCloud login info and put it, and login went on forever and woudn't end, it lasted for like more than 15 minutes. I forced a reboot and it started acting strangely. That grey loading bar filled with the Apple logo upon it, but then it finished, then a blank white screen took over.

I tried booting with Recovery Mode, which is how I'm running now. I've seen people talking about Terminal inputs, outputs and whatever. How do I do that? I've also read that Little Snitch may cause this, and I do have Little Snitch installed. How do I get my Mac running well again? Please help.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:07 AM

There are no replies.

Stuck on white screen after EC update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.