Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do genuine Macbook hard drives always have Apple logo on them? How to check what hard drive my macbook originally had?

It says samsung, momentus and seagate.com on it. Is there a way to check if it originally belonged to my macbook, or e..g has been replaced in the past?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:26 AM

Not likely. My 2006 MBP was a Seagate with an Apple logo on it. My 2010 and 2011 MBPs had no Apple logos on them, just the manufacturers information. The only possible clue may be if the capacity of the HDD is not identical to what was offered when the MBP was new.

Ciao.

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 4:33 PM in response to neko_kitty

I have reported to you my personal experience. Clearly it is at variance with the information in the link you posted. A definitive answer can be obtained from a person at an Apple store genius bar or a call to telephone support but I suspect that they will essentially repeat what I have posted. I am of the opinion that the link has misinformation.

Ciao.

Do genuine Macbook hard drives always have Apple logo on them? How to check what hard drive my macbook originally had?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.