Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan Contacts: iCloud Groups and Contacts are missing after Upgrade

I've upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan. After checking Contacts app, the following issues showed up

* groups already available in the iCloud are not synced to OS X; the groups are available at iCloud.com and iOS 9 devices

* if new groups are added or deleted on OS X, iCloud.com or iOS devices, they are synced properly

* only about 15% of contacts stored in iCloud are visible on El Capitan, although 100% are visible on iCloud.com and iOS devices; nevertheless, the invisible contacts are found by spotlight (but cannot be opened)

* if new contacts are added or deleted on OS X, iCloud.com or iOS devices, they are synced properly

Any solutions on this already available?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:57 AM

10 replies

Nov 7, 2015 4:16 AM in response to cogrider

Hi, Thanks for your idea, but I guess this referred to make groups visible again...? What I mean is: I have 540 contacts, (no groups at all) and my address book on the iMac just shows me 395.
When I login on my iCloud account via a browser, all are there. As well as on my iPad and iPhone. Just not on my iMac... 😐
Do you have another idea that might help?

Nov 7, 2015 4:21 AM in response to Mrs.D.

Yes i have. I had a lot of contact to the Apple support this week.

First check if there are run the same version of OS X on every devices. The sight be the reason number one.

The problem is, that on some devices the contacts are broken, so they can't sync correctly.

Buch the solution ist:

1. Go to iCloud.com and export (left bottom icon) all contacts.

2. Deactive iCloud an all devices which is used. On OSX you have to delete the contacts, on iOS devices it is ok only to deactivate

3. Then go to iCloud.com again and delete all contacts.

4. Choose an devices wth OS X, activate iCloud and add the exported contacts to your address book. This will take a while to sync. You can see this in iCloud.com

5. Then you can activate all other devices again.

This worked for me. I hope I could help you.

El Capitan Contacts: iCloud Groups and Contacts are missing after Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.