Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to select "Share Menu" for Mail, Photos, Facebook etc

Hi all,

I am trying to select "Share Menu" for my accounts - at the moment, I am unable to use the Share button to email images from Photos, but also unable to share via Facebook et al.

When I go to Internet Accounts in System Preferences, I have the choice to select "Share Menu", but when I try to click the check box, a tick flickers, but doesn't stay there.

Very strange, and oh so frustrating.

Running iMac mid 2011 with El Capitan v10.11, also Mail v9.0, Photos v 1.1.

Please help me?! I am happy to answer more questions to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:53 AM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Blue Rajah

I have the same issue. In System preferences under "Internet Accounts", I went to the Facebook account and noticed the sharing box was unchecked. When I try to check it, I can see that my click is registering but checkmark won't stay in box. I tried deleting the Facebook account, and restarting the computer. Then logging back into the account after reboot. This time the checkmark stayed for a few moments then back to the same issue. I also have a mid 2011 iMac running OS 10.11.

I also tried entering the terminal command someone suggested but it didn't work either. I guess all I can do now is patiently wait for an update.

Unable to select "Share Menu" for Mail, Photos, Facebook etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.