Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP with full battery doesn't start

Hi all,

I have a in 13 inch MBP. Yesterday I ran out of battery. I plugged it and let it charge for a few hours, but then pressing on the power button did nothing at all. Starting to panic, I then noticed the led didn't light up and the battery indicator on the side didn't either.

Finally, a few hours after starting to change power cables and adaptators (currently in Senegal, MBP bought in Canada) it started to show it was charging, until at some point the led was even Green. Never seen it red

I then started things read from Apple support like the following :

- reset SMC

- reset PRAM

- try to boot in single user mode

- try to boot in recovery mode

THe only way to boot my MBP is when reseting SMC. If i do nothing else; sometimes the apple logo shows up and start loading and after 5 sec, it crashes

If i do SMC to open + holding the PRAM command, and releasing; it crashes again after a few seconds. If i keep holding PRAM command, it works fine and i could go as far as opening guest session and could see that keyboard lights up and battery shows at 100%.

But then again; the moment i remove my fingers from option, command, P and R, it crashes.

Finally, out of desesperation, we tried, while holding PRAM command;

1) run single user mode and run \sbin\fsck -fy

it then sais no problem, i added exit and reboot, and crashed again : (

2) run recovry mode with my external hard drive plugged in usb and recovered my last save WHILE HOLDING OPTION COMMAND P+R FOR 2 FREAKING HOURS TO MAKE SUREIT WOULDNT CRASH ....... guess what, it was all in vain; as while rebooting, we stoped holding down the command hoping for the best but it didnt do any diffence and it crashed 5 sec after apple logo

I am now fully desesperate and praying for a miracle i am hoping apple community can get me. As said before I am in Senegal and doesnt seem to have apple shop here.

Thanks for any help !!!!!!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:49 AM

There are no replies.

MBP with full battery doesn't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.