Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri does not speak out. iOS 9.0.1! Help!

Whenever I ask her a question, there is always a written text regarding the answer. She does not read it aloud. For example, "Hey Siri!" and she will give me a written text back claiming, "Hello there, Toyesh". She does not speak it out aloud. The same goes with any question I ask her. Be it weather of the day, traffic, emails, placing calls, ANYTHING. She only replies in a text form. I have to read it myself. She does not read it aloud.

I have tried to change all settings on the Siri tab in General Settings. I have changed the language, the assistant voice, the accent. Everything. I rebooted my phone also quite a number of times.

I reckon it is some software issue. I am running on iPhone 5s iOS 9.0.1... The problem started some days after I updated to iOS 9. I thought maybe the bug will get resolved in iOS 9.0.1, hence I updated to iOS 9.0.1. The problem still lasts and there does not seem to be any solution.

I do not know what to do. Please lend me some help regarding this. Please. A lot of my daily tasks revolve around Siri. I need the feature to work. HELPPPPPP!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:13 AM

There are no replies.

Siri does not speak out. iOS 9.0.1! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.