Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 has been charging for 8 hours and will not turn on.

Okay, my iPhone 5 has had problems for a while now. The battery drains extremely fast. Sometimes, opening an app while it is not charging causes it to drop to 20% and in a minute to 10%, then will stay at 1% for a while and then completely die. Other time, it'll be at around 80% and then start dropping by 4% every few seconds and I could go from 80% to 10% in two minutes. The left side of the screen has also began to pop out, and my phone is in great condition. A few scratches on the side due to when it was without the indestructible speck case, but besides that it is in tip top shape.

Last night I went to the movies, phone was in 80's% and died on the way in about 5 minutes. When I got back at 10:30pm I immediately set it to charge. It is now 6:35pm and will not turn on. I've tried rebooting it and a bunch of "tricks" I've seen on the internet and nothing has worked.

A few other times this has happened too, but it was only off for at most 2 hours.

Or is my phone just finally dead?

Just let me know what you guys think.

I won't be owning an iPhone anymore after this one, but I need it to last for a bit longer.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:12 PM

Hi

Make an appointment at Apple store some iPhone 5 have had a free

Replacement after a fault.

Cheers

Brian (uk)

2 replies

iPhone 5 has been charging for 8 hours and will not turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.