Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad IOS9 frozen screen

I have tried at least a dozen times now to reboot, restart and I cannot do anything on the ipad to get the ios program to download. It freezes up half way. I have gone onto ICloud /iTUNES- nothing helps. Any suggestions. All I have on my screen is a 50% download and I cannot figure out how to eliminate the download and get back my delicious device! Help please.

iPad, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:24 AM

By reboot, I take it that you mean a forced restart. If you did not do this, give it a try. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If you tried that and had no success, you are going to have to try to restore the device using recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, you should make an appointment at an Apple Store and seek their help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 7:24 AM in response to eviefromphilly

By reboot, I take it that you mean a forced restart. If you did not do this, give it a try. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If you tried that and had no success, you are going to have to try to restore the device using recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, you should make an appointment at an Apple Store and seek their help.

Ipad IOS9 frozen screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.