Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 upgraded to ios 9.0.2 microphone now stopped working

Hi,

I upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 yesterday in my iPhone 6 and the microphone has ceased to work on recording video, and whats app. (not sure about facetime) These were all working fine before updating. I hasten to add that the microphone still works fine for phone calls and SIRI, and in the case of whats app, the app does have permission to access the microphone. Anyone any ideas, or is this a software glitch that needs to be rectified?

Thanks

Melanie

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:09 AM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2015 2:30 PM in response to Avondale44

It seems like the same thing happened to me.. however, my mic is not functioning correctly during calls. It works perfectly fine during FB calls or video recording.

Just a couple of hours ago my iphone 6 suffered a mental breakdown while I was on the FB app. The screen, home and sleep/wake buttons stopped working. Had to erase the iphone from icloud and restore a backup.

Apr 25, 2016 10:39 AM in response to Avondale44

Help!! I have the same problem. After update to 9.3 mike works for voice message, but no one can hear me on a call unless I have speaker phone on or earbuds in???? So sad as I have had the phone only a year maybe???? What is going on, I tried all resets, and suggestions I have read about. NOTHING worked. I am not on bluetooth.

HELP!!!! BTW, I NEVER go online to talk about anything.......

iPhone 6 upgraded to ios 9.0.2 microphone now stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.