Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop receiving News notifications from Sky news etc after downloading iOS 9? It's really irritating me!

Downloaded iOS 9 and 9.1 etc and have noticed that I'm now receiving a news feed I hadn't signed up for. Have searched Settings and tried fiddling about but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:09 AM

8 replies

Oct 9, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Fantantoosh

Try Settings > General > Spotlight Search

To blank the page altogether toggle off Siri Suggestions

To remove the news items only, try toggling off Spotlight Suggestions only (it's buried in the long list). This will also turn off suggestions of nearby POI type info I think. Not sure to be honest about this last bit but taking this off only cleared the annoying Sky News stuff for me.

Play around with other items on list as you want.

Hope this helps you Fantantoosh. It worked for me. Some Apple stuff irritates me a lot but it is often very configurable in a tucked away hidden sort of way.

How do I stop receiving News notifications from Sky news etc after downloading iOS 9? It's really irritating me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.