Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am able to "show or hide the Libraries". Similarly "I am able to show or hide the Inspector (Command+4)" of the FCP X layout. Now where is the option to "show or hide the column", which is next to the Libraries.

I am able to "show or hide the Libraries". Similarly "I am able to show or hide the Inspector (Command+4)" of the FCP X layout.

(1) Now where is the option to "show or hide the column", which is next to the Libraries, before the player - I think, those are events, clips and projects. This can help me to see the player little bigger, while editing.

(2) What is the name of that column between Libraries and the Player?

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:34 AM

IIt's called the browser. If you hide it, you hide the libraries as well. Gives you a lot more space when you're working in the timeline. Control-Cmd-1

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Now, I am able to view the player about 70%. Improved, better. But, there is a limitation because of the space occupied by the time line and other stuffs, which doesn't allow to increase the space of the player. Is there any other way to view the player upto 90% while in editing? Not the full screen, since we can't edit when we are in the full screen player.

Thank you.

Oct 5, 2015 3:53 AM in response to success1975

You can drag the horizontal line separating the timeline and the viewer to reduce the height of the timeline, leaving more space for the viewer.

You may also increase the percentage in the viewer. If the image size at that percentage exceeds the space available you will see a little red box at the right that will let you shift the image around inside the viewer. This way you can zoom it in and concentrate on the part the image you want to see.

I am able to "show or hide the Libraries". Similarly "I am able to show or hide the Inspector (Command+4)" of the FCP X layout. Now where is the option to "show or hide the column", which is next to the Libraries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.