Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I use El Capitan my Apple ID doesn't work properly

I upgraded my IMac to El Capitan and now it appears that logging in with my apple ID does't work properly. It recognizes a wrong entered password, but it seems to stay in a loop when using the correct password! Someone any clue? BTW it works fine (I downgraded the OSX to Yosemite again) in Yosemite!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:59 AM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2015 7:31 AM in response to HarrieB

I had the same problem. I tried many things including deleting files in icoud/Accounts, restarted holding command-option-PR for 2 bongs, shut down machine and booted up after 10 seconds, booted off another drive and ran disk tools... Even spoke to 2 different Apple reps. No dice. After they elevated and said an engineer would contact me in 48 hours (too long) I went old school.

I restarted my machine, holding down the shift key. Safe mode. Logged into itunes, icloud and messages with my apple ID... NO PROBLEM! Restarted my machine normally and Víola!

Since I use El Capitan my Apple ID doesn't work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.