Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Posting Content

"You are not allowed to create or update this content" You won't let me ask a question about anything regarding sorting on a apple "mp3" player. Why?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:23 AM

13 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Beta2

Let's test, shall we?

• iPod is an mp3 player and allows sorting the order in which they are played
  • iPad has a Music app that is an mp3 player and allows sorting the order in which they are played
  • iPod Touch has a Music app that is an mp3 player and allows sorting the order in which they are played
  • iPhone has a Music app that is an mp3 player and allows sorting the order in which they are played
  • The Macintosh has iTunes app that is an mp3 player and allows sorting the order in which they are played

OK, here we go....

Oct 4, 2015 12:00 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I already gave the quote "You are not allowed to create or update this content". Theres nothing more complicated than that. I tried yesterday and today, using three different browsers. All I wanted to know is: how does one sort podcasts in a apple branded device so as to have oldest on top so the next podcast would play automatically - it worked in the pre 12 version of that sacred named software but now it won't. Every time I try to ask this question apple's artificial intelligence software won't let me post it. When I click the Post button it displays "You are not allowed to create or update this content". Like I said, I tried three different browsers.

Oct 4, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Beta2

Beta2 wrote:

I already gave the quote "You are not allowed to create or update this content". Theres nothing more complicated than that. I tried yesterday and today, using three different browsers. All I wanted to know is: how does one sort podcasts in a apple branded device so as to have oldest on top so the next podcast would play automatically - it worked in the pre 12 version of that sacred named software but now it won't. Every time I try to ask this question apple's artificial intelligence software won't let me post it. When I click the Post button it displays "You are not allowed to create or update this content". Like I said, I tried three different browsers.

OK. That message is caused by a glitch in the JiveWare (forum software) that is caused by one of several things

• login timeout
  • "perceived" login timeout (JiveWare glitch)
  • server "connection error" at some critical moment
  • Filters ARE employed in 4 ways
    • words you cannot post are replaced by " ********* " - think George Carlin's seven words you cannot say on TV
    • "phrases" you cannot use - the "list" is unknown and apparently can change
    • "characters" you cannot post because they might be construed at display time as invoking a legit HTML function - most often in crash report posting
    • image filenames (camera tool feature) cannot contain similar URL busting characters
  • etc. (there is a growing list - and it seems to be more frequent lately, at least for me)

I cannot address your problem about sorting podcasts in " iTunes " = " ... that sacred named software ... " = let's see if that breaks the JiveWare for ME

THEN, you post it and show us with a screenshot how it is failing for YOU, OK?

=====

OS X

⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift > Press ' 3 ' > release all three - image will be saved to your Desktop as '.png' file and be named differently according to your OS X version.

iOS

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top or side of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then immediately press and release the Home button. You can find the screenshot in your Photos app.

Oct 4, 2015 7:34 PM in response to Beta2

In the above post, the Apple AI thinks I'm some one else. It happened earlier today too, but that was different, I tried every browser on my hdd (14), even ones I had never used before, and each time one would load the Apple forums page, it would say "Welcome IdaMiller3355". Then I got the idea to ask the ISP for a new IP address and that is the only way I could login as Beta2. Then when I tried to post I got the above notice. "User Grayn280 is banned from posting content". Apple has the cookies screwed up. Now I suppose this will get me banned.

Oct 4, 2015 8:05 PM in response to Beta2

Beta2 wrote:

In the above post, the Apple AI thinks I'm some one else. It happened earlier today too, but that was different, I tried every browser on my hdd (14), even ones I had never used before, and each time one would load the Apple forums page, it would say "Welcome IdaMiller3355". Then I got the idea to ask the ISP for a new IP address and that is the only way I could login as Beta2. Then when I tried to post I got the above notice. "User Grayn280 is banned from posting content". Apple has the cookies screwed up. Now I suppose this will get me banned.

It is not cookies. There is no "Fix" that we users can do. It happens to all of us from time to time. If it persists often for you, let us know and we will alert our gracious Hosts to investigate.

Oct 5, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Beta2

I do not know why you are having so many problems.

What computer OS? What browser ( just three )?

What path are you taking to create a new discussion?

[[[ Someone describe a simple path. ]]]

I do not think it is to do with the words you use. Seems like some connection glitch. No cookies. Messed up cookies. Doesn't seem to be problem when you used different browsers.

Once you tried three web browsers, I would not expect much change with more browsers.

Here what I do:

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

At worst case, you should create a new userid on your computer. Try accessing the forums from the new userid.

quick way of changing you internet address.

https://www.torproject.org/

Oct 5, 2015 7:18 PM in response to rccharles

rccharles wrote:

I do not know why you are having so many problems.

What computer OS? What browser ( just three )?

What path are you taking to create a new discussion?

[[[ Someone describe a simple path. ]]]

I do not think it is to do with the words you use. Seems like some connection glitch. No cookies. Messed up cookies. Doesn't seem to be problem when you used different browsers.

Once you tried three web browsers, I would not expect much change with more browsers.

Here what I do:

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

At worst case, you should create a new userid on your computer. Try accessing the forums from the new userid.

quick way of changing you internet address.

https://www.torproject.org/

I don't know what you mean by "path" I used to post.

Re: Cookies: On this forum I use Safari b/c AI does not like other browsers and Safari does not always kill all it's cookies completely dead. So, I used other browsers to test if IdaMiller3355 was associated with cookies or IP. It was IP.

When the AI thought I was IdaMiller3355 I tried 14 different browsers because some are webkit based and may share zombie cookies w/Safari. I would not try Tor b/c it could get me banned b/c it can be recognized and that might make AI think I'm up to nefarious activity. I can get a new IP by telling the modem to request a new lease from ISP or rebooting the modem, and I have a utility to tell me my IP so I always know it.

Posting Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.