Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS-9.0,2 downloaded automatically

On both my iPhone and and my wife's iPad, the iOS 9.0.2 update downloaded automatically even though this is set to "off" in Settings -> App and iTunes Stores -> automatic downloads -> Updates.

This could easily have been expensive if it had exceeded our cellular data package limits.

In addition, when I tried to report it to Apple support from the iPad, Apple asked for a fee of +/- $20 to report the issue even though the iPad (purchased new from the Apple online store) is less than one year old.

Is there any way to report bugs for iOS and how did this happen in the first place?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:26 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:44 AM in response to juanito_tc

That setting only affects app updates through the app store. It does not apply to iOS updates. It's been this way since over the air updates first became available in iOS.

You can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to send feedback to Apple if you don't like it.

This is a user forum. No one here can do anything about it.

iOS-9.0,2 downloaded automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.