Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I distinguish between my own music and Apple's music

I've discovered that I can add music from Apple music to my library. And I can then download these for listening off line. However whenever I stop paying my Apple music subscription, this music can no longer be accessed. I'm not sure what will happen to the downloaded files. I suppose they will be deleted.

Anyway, it seems very important that I can distinguish between my own music and music from Apple that I am only borrowing. I know I could go to the downloads folder in the iTunes media folder and see what's there, but that seems pretty clumsy. Is there not a way to check by looking at the library? Form a playlist or something?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:13 AM

There are no replies.

How can I distinguish between my own music and Apple's music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.