Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dialogue Windows

Hi to All

After 10 years of window's blue screen, I have decided to swap to Mac and I'm really happy with my decision! I have got a Mac pro 4 core with 32gb ram and dual ati d300 video card. I have also got 2 monitors Dell U2713h connected true thanderbolt (mini dp port ) and a Wacom 27 QHD connected in same way! Everything is working fine but I have got a problem. I'm using Adobe LR for the workflow and basic pp with the 2 Dell Monitors and the Wacom for pp in Adobe Photoshop cc but that is not the problem. However,everytime I save or print what I am working on on the Wacom, the dialogue windows for saving or printing will appear on the dell monitors or if I am working on the Dell monitors, the dialogue windows appear on Wacom screen. Is there any way around this?

Thanking you for any help in advance. Please don't forget that I'm a novice with the Mac platform.

Alfonso

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:20 AM

The issue you have raised may have a very complex explanation. Sorry this post is so long-winded.

In about 1987, Mac OS with MultiFinder 4.5 Operating System added the capability to use multiple displays in any Mac that had the Hardware to do so. It worked by concatenating the displays along an edge of your choosing to produce one large "extended desktop". It was supported in System Software, was exceptionally stable, and was available to every well-behaved Mac Application ever since.

It looks like this graphic:

User uploaded file

There is an Icon for each display, proportional to its size in pixels, and the Primary display shows the (moveable) MenuBar.

Later, a concept called "Displays have Separate Spaces" was introduced (in Mavericks). This meant you could have the arrangement shown above, only several times over, with different Applications assigned to the different (possibly multiple) displays showing different "Spaces". Different Applications could be assigned to use different Spaces.

It is enabled by default, and further specified in Mission Control, and is described in this article on the subject of displays:

OS X: Using multiple displays in Mavericks - Apple Support

Personally, I don't care for "Multiple Spaces", and am not likely to use it. I do not think it should be the default, but they did not ask me. But I can see where it could be useful in certain obscure cases.

But you may be using it by default, and this may be the source of your getting the messages on unexpected displays.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 11:20 AM in response to alfoita

The issue you have raised may have a very complex explanation. Sorry this post is so long-winded.

In about 1987, Mac OS with MultiFinder 4.5 Operating System added the capability to use multiple displays in any Mac that had the Hardware to do so. It worked by concatenating the displays along an edge of your choosing to produce one large "extended desktop". It was supported in System Software, was exceptionally stable, and was available to every well-behaved Mac Application ever since.

It looks like this graphic:

User uploaded file

There is an Icon for each display, proportional to its size in pixels, and the Primary display shows the (moveable) MenuBar.

Later, a concept called "Displays have Separate Spaces" was introduced (in Mavericks). This meant you could have the arrangement shown above, only several times over, with different Applications assigned to the different (possibly multiple) displays showing different "Spaces". Different Applications could be assigned to use different Spaces.

It is enabled by default, and further specified in Mission Control, and is described in this article on the subject of displays:

OS X: Using multiple displays in Mavericks - Apple Support

Personally, I don't care for "Multiple Spaces", and am not likely to use it. I do not think it should be the default, but they did not ask me. But I can see where it could be useful in certain obscure cases.

But you may be using it by default, and this may be the source of your getting the messages on unexpected displays.

Dialogue Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.