Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 Wifi issue after updating IOS 9.0.2

Hi,

my phone was working fine till i updated my phone recently.

Now apps from app store is taking more than hours to download a 30 mb app.

i Have a 4Mbps connection and only my phone was connected during the download.

I tried resetting the phone, network settings but nothing seems to work.

also i get very low speeds on wifi. I tired on other wifi networks also but no luck.

and it seems it has some thing to do with the update as when i check wifi it works fine on lap and other phones.

please give me a fix.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:58 AM

My issue, which shares your subject heading, occurred today and several days after a seemingly normal update of my iPhone 5 to 9.0.2.

Issue: Wifi became unavailable and phone started using LTE data while streaming video without my knowledge. Wifi was working normally on other devices so this was not noticed until the carrier sent a text informing me that my LTE data monthly limit had 200MB of my 2.5GB remaining with 25 days left in my plan.

Visual clues: RF signal was showing 2 dots +"AT&T LTE", normal is 2 dots + "AT&T", and a wifi full strength indicator.

Remedial steps taken: Manual sync with wifi didn't work and no DHCP lease issued. Don't know if network name shown was because phone remembers friendly access points or if the radio was actually on.

Going to Airplane mode and turning on WiFi had a similar result.

A normal reboot, turning phone off and then on, brought the phone back to normal operation.

Since my normal cellular data usage is about 250MB per month this has caused a temporary behavioral change including going through Settings and disallowing on every app the new to iOS 9 feature; Allow Cellular Data.

I've a road trip in a few days so I'll have to add data to my plan at the ridiculous AT&T rate of $20 per GB.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 5:58 AM in response to fizmhd

My issue, which shares your subject heading, occurred today and several days after a seemingly normal update of my iPhone 5 to 9.0.2.

Issue: Wifi became unavailable and phone started using LTE data while streaming video without my knowledge. Wifi was working normally on other devices so this was not noticed until the carrier sent a text informing me that my LTE data monthly limit had 200MB of my 2.5GB remaining with 25 days left in my plan.

Visual clues: RF signal was showing 2 dots +"AT&T LTE", normal is 2 dots + "AT&T", and a wifi full strength indicator.

Remedial steps taken: Manual sync with wifi didn't work and no DHCP lease issued. Don't know if network name shown was because phone remembers friendly access points or if the radio was actually on.

Going to Airplane mode and turning on WiFi had a similar result.

A normal reboot, turning phone off and then on, brought the phone back to normal operation.

Since my normal cellular data usage is about 250MB per month this has caused a temporary behavioral change including going through Settings and disallowing on every app the new to iOS 9 feature; Allow Cellular Data.

I've a road trip in a few days so I'll have to add data to my plan at the ridiculous AT&T rate of $20 per GB.

Iphone 5 Wifi issue after updating IOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.