Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Can't Access the backup disk on my Synology NAS after upgrading to El Capitan OS X

I tired upgrading my MacBook to El Capitan OS X this weekend. I kept getting stuck at the loading screen with the bar only 3/4 of the way through. I tried multiple attempts at reinstalling and even tried recovering from a Time Capsul backup to no avail. I then went on ahead and erases the volume and reinstalled El Capitan OS X. However now I am trying to restore my progress and files from my NAS. When I open Time Machine and try and set it up, it gives me the message

"Time Machine Can't Access The Backup Disk "TM". The operations couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)"

I can access the NAS by typing in the IP address into the Safari Window, but can't seem to get Time Machine to access it.

My Computer Info

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Just trying to be able to access my Time Machine backup so I don't lose all of my pictures...please help!!!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:20 AM

There are no replies.

Time Machine Can't Access the backup disk on my Synology NAS after upgrading to El Capitan OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.