Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing - why prompting for payment info?

I just finished setting up my family for family sharing (my husband included). This involved setting up a new apple id for him. However, when he tries to download any apps using the new apple id, we get a message saying "This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store". It prompts us to tap review to sign in, then review our account information.

When I do this, it is prompting me to re-enter our credit card info.

Why do I have to do this if my credit card was already set up as the payment card under family sharing?

Should he not just have to type in his password for his apple ID? And then my credit card would automatically be charged?

Or do I need to re-enter our credit card info?

Just want to make sure that if I set up charges again, he will have access to any family credit balance on our main apple ID account that was used by me, the administrator.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:21 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:25 PM in response to fromsouth

Hi There - thank you both for your help. I tried setting up the same credit card with my husband's apple ID. I tried then to make a purchase to see if his purchase would shared with the rest of us...

I received a warning message saying that his purchase would not be shared with the rest of the family as the apple id used to make the purchase was not the same account that was used to set up family sharing.

When clicking on "Learn More", I was brought to a page from Apple indicating that all family members set up under sharing need to sign into iCloud with their own apple id's. However, the apple id and password for iTunes and the App store has to be consistent with the administrator who manages family sharing. When I changed this, my problem was solved.

Family sharing - why prompting for payment info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.