Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovies & Garage applications missing afterEl Capitan upgrade

Not that I use these two applications but after downloading and installing El Capitan, I cannot find them in either Launchpad or Applications.

Anyone got any ideas please? I could recover them from Time Machine but will they be compatible? I remember when I had to pause the 10.11 download, the iMovies icon was showing as paused in Launchpad.

As my broadband speed is only 2Mbps, I don't fancy another download. El Capitan was 6.08Gb and took 7 hours + installation time!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 10.9.3 installed 15/05/2014

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:17 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 8:00 PM in response to richardfromargeles-sur-mer

I had the same issue during the download of El Capitan, that is, the iMovie got paused. I didn't check the Launchpad then, but now after I had iMovie update in the App Store application, I checked and see that the download is getting down. I've not been using, so far, iMovies, but I want to have all apps that belong to the system.

iMovies & Garage applications missing afterEl Capitan upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.